Wednesday, August 13, 2008

On the Calendar

I have a surgery date: Tuesday, the 19th at 2:00 p.m. I'm really nervous about it now, more nervous than I ever was giving birth. That was natural. This is not.

I am, however, thankful for the gift of medicine and technology that God has given to talented individuals. I'm thankful for insurance coverage. I'm thankful that my family is stepping up to help in whatever way they can. I'm thankful for Rob's support and kinds words of encouragement that keep me light-hearted.

God is very good.

I'm really feeling sad about Rob leaving...in 17 days.

7 comments:

Stacey said...

You have been in my thoughts and prayers. I will pray extra hard on the 19th. I know you are in good hands...the doctors and God's. All will be well.

jeny said...

What can I do to help?

Stacey said...

I just tagged you....sorry if you don't really want to do it, but it was kind of fun!

TheDana said...

It is unbelievable how quickly the medical profession is moving to take care of you! God's hand is definitely moving ahead of you.

I know I'm in FL, but what can I do to help? Do you need me to fly back and take up residence? :)

Let me know!

Hi, I'm Jenny said...

Hi Jodi! I've dropped in here before but never left a message. Do you remember that I had this exact same surgery? Right before moving back to IN? I am praying for you and your family!

Hi, I'm Jenny said...

I think mine was 18 cm!

Tammy said...

Jody,

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I will be checking the blog for an update.