Wednesday, March 11, 2009

How My Kids See Me

Copy this note, ask your kid the questions and write them down exactly how they respond. Tag me back - I'd love to hear the answers.
(Man, I learned a lot LOL)

1. What is something mom always says to you?
Caleb: You may play on the computer.
Gabe: You love me.
Lily: I love you.
Seth: God makes us be happy.

2. What makes mom happy?
Caleb: This (then he gives me a kiss and hug.) Yep. He was right.
Gabe: When I give you a hug.
Lily: Kiss!
Seth: Reading me a book.

3. What makes mom sad?
Caleb: When Lily lies to you.
Gabe: When I disobey you.
Lily: I know. Jingle Bells, Monkey smells. (They were forbidden from singing this song...over and over and over.
Seth: Doing wrong things.

4. How does your mom make you laugh?
Caleb: I don't remember. (Gee, thanks. Pause for a moment while I hold my son down and tickle him.)
Gabe: When you told me that joke. It was funny. The one that goes, "Why did the hamburger chase the cheese? Because it wanted to 'ketchup.'"
Lily: Funny jokes.
Seth: Tickle me.

5. What was your mom like as a child?
Caleb: How am I supposed to know? I'm not a time traveler.
Gabe: Uh, maybe, beautiful and pretty. (Awwwwww. Wait, I need to kiss him.)
Lily: You had two dollies that you gave me.
Seth: Dollies, I think.

6. How old is your mom?
Caleb: 32 (He's only off by a year...I'm not telling which direction.)
Gabe: 34 (Oh. He's off by a year too. The wrong direction.)
Lily: 33 (She got it right!)
Seth: 33 (He overheard Lily.)

7. How tall is your mom?
Caleb: About a head bigger than me.
Gabe: That's a hard one. I don't know. Three feet?
Lily: Big! (Thanks, sister.)
Seth: This tall (measuring with wide arms.)

8. What is her favorite thing to do?
Caleb: Spend time with the family (That's definitely on the list.)
Gabe: Be with her family.
Lily: Make everything and give us our drinks.
Seth: Read me a book, maybe.

9. What does your mom do when you're not around?
Caleb: Clean, do computer, work, or watch TV
Gabe: Be with Seth and Lily.
Lily: Exercise! (Sure, that's it.)
Seth: Find me. (This is so, so true.)

10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
Caleb: Cooking and Singing
Gabe: Loving God.
Lily: Love.
Seth: Famous cause she's so pretty. Right, mom?

11. What is your mom really good at?
Caleb: Cooking
Gabe: Being a good mom and cooking.
Lily: Helping me make snowflakes and snowman. And the computer.
Seth: Running. (Obviously, I spend a good portion of my day chasing him.)

12. What is your mom not very good at?
Caleb: Video games (Tru dat.)
Gabe: Taking care of all four kids at the same time when we all ask for something. That makes you frustrated.
Lily: You can't do something while your sick. And you can't give me a sling backpack. But you can give me a hug and brush my hair.
Seth: Jumping. But I am very good at jumping.

13. What does your mom do for her job?
Caleb: Take care of her family
Gabe: Take care of us
Lily: Taking care of us.
Seth: Going to Sunday School at church.

14. What is your mom's favorite food?
Caleb: Chinese (Oh, yeah.)
Gabe: Spaghetti
Lily: avocados (Smart, observant girl!)
Seth: Candy, I think.

15. What makes you proud of your mom?
Caleb: Just one? Because there's a lot of things I can choose. (You bet he's getting brownie points for that one.) That she's the best mom in the world. (And for that he gets actual brownies.)
Gabe: For being my mom.
Lily: Happy!
Seth: Being a good listener.

16. If your mom were a character from a book, who would she be?
Caleb: the author (I like this kid!)
Gabe: Red Riding Hood (I do like to bring food to people...)
Lily: Mom. (Who else could I be?)
Seth: Mom! (Obviously can't see me as anything other than mom. That's okay!)

17. What do you and your mom do together?
Caleb: Sometimes shopping, which I do not like at all, or go to a friend's house.
Gabe: Sometimes play outside doing sports.
Lily: Cook. We are good cookers, don't you think?
Seth: Run together, I think. (Again, me...chasing...him. LOL.)

18. How are you and your mom the same?
Caleb: We've got the same brown hair.
Gabe: We both have the same parts of the body. I don't remember which ones. (LOL!!!)
Lily: We are two girls.
Seth: Freckles on us.

19. How are you and your mom different?
Caleb: She's a girl and I'm a boy.
Gabe: I'm a boy and your a girl.
Lily: That's cuz you don't have any clothes on. (Ahem. Correction: I'm still in jammies and she is dressed.)
Seth: We don't look exactly the same. (But we're pretty darn close.)

20. How do you know your mom loves you?
Caleb: Because of her actions, for cooking for us every day and night.
Gabe: Because I'm your son.
Lily: You read me a book.
Seth: Read me a book. (Okay, this is definitely the way to his heart.)

21. Where is your mom's favorite place to go?
Caleb: Our house.
Gabe: Church.
Lily: Chinese restaurant.
Seth: McDonald's.

No comments: